Brief history of the Department of Electric Technique
The decision to study bachelor degree program in relay protection and system automation was made in 1987, and in June 1990, the first 7 students received their undergraduate diplomas by "Electrical energy production and distribution automation" major with code “2104”.
In 1992, the Polytechnic University was organized to Technical University, and by order No. 254 dated April 20, the Faculty of Energy was dissolved and reorganized into the School of Power Energy Engineering. The school of power energy engineering had the following 4 departments. In this:
- Department of Electronics and Automation,
- Department of Electrical Power,
- Department of Thermal Power Plant,
- Department of Heat Supply and Automation.
- The department members of Electronics and Automation was approved by the follows: B. Mandakh, J. Dashdorj, Ch. Natsagdorj, T. Chultemdagva, G. Bayarsaikhan, H. Buyannemeh, A. Ganbold, L. Enebish, B. Lkhagvadorj, S. Lyanhtsetseg, G. Turmenkh (laborant), S. Arslan (laborant).
- From October 1, 1992, Ch. Natsagdorji was appointed as the department head of the Electronics and Automation (rector's Order No. 574 dated October 3, 1992).
- In order to deepen the changes and modernization of educational content and technology, by rector’s order No. 375 dated December 2, 1995, a decision was made to change the structure of Technical University. Then the Department of Electronics and Automation, the Department of Electrical Power, and the Department of Heat Supply and Automation were abolished, and the school of power energy engineering was changed to have 2 departments: The Department of Thermal Power and the Department of Electrical Power. According to this decision, the Department of Electronics and Automation merged with the Department of Electrical Power.
- From September 20, 1996, J. Dashdorj was appointed as the head of the Department of Electronics and Automation (rector's Order No. 254 of September 20, 1996).
- In 1996, admission was started for bachelor program of biomedical engineering (medical equipment).
- "Problem Solving Laboratory of Electrical System Automation" was established by order No. 30 dated February 5, 1996.
- The rector of Technical University decided to transfer the university organization to the professor’s team system by order No. 188 dated July 4, 2001. The Department of Electronics and Automation was divided by following 3 team. There are the professor team of Automation (head of professor’s team, Ch. Natsagdorj/, the professor team of Electronics and Computer (head of professor’s team, J. Dashdorj), and the professor team of bio-medical equipment (head of professor’s team, D. Bayar).
- Since 2000, admission was started for bachelor degree program of the Electrical and Power Electronics.
- By Order No. 28 dated January 18, 2000, the " Problem Solving Laboratory of Electrical System Automation" was reorganized into the "Training and Research Center of Industrial Automation".
- In 2001, the professor team of Automation was renamed the professor team of Microcontroller’s Systems.
- Since 2001, admission was started for Computer Hardware Engineering.
- From January 2002, the professor team of bio-medical equipment was disbanded, and until September 2004, the teachers of this field and the medical equipment profession belonged to the professor team of Microcontroller’s systems.
- Since 2008, the professor team of Microcontroller’s systems has been renamed the professor team of Electrical System Automation.
- In 2014, due to structural changes, professor teams were abolished and the School of Power Engineering was organized into 3 departments. There are the Department of Thermal Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering, and Department of Electric Technique. With this change, the professor teams of electrical system automation and electronics system have been merged into the Department of Electric Technique.